Doral Academy Red Rock is a highly-rated tuition-free public school that provides students with an enhanced, well-rounded educational experience.
The students receive an academically challenging environment that emphasizes the integration of arts for a more personally meaningful learning experience.
Located in Summerlin Las Vegas, this state-sponsored charter academy opened its doors in 1999 and offers education each year to over 1,400 students from kindergarten to grade 10.
An independent academic organization, Academica manages the school.
The elementary and the middle/high schools grade levels have separate addresses as below:
Elementary School grade
Located in 626 Crossbridge Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89138
P: (702) 776-8530.
Middle/High school grades
Located in 610 Crossbridge Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89138
P: (702) 776-8740.
What Does Doral Academy Red Rock offer?
The academy incorporates arts in the academic program for an enhanced educational experience.
Therefore, the curriculum is critical and analytical thinkers, and students who are creative, imaginative, and collaborative in their work approach do very well here.
The academy is committed to ensuring that the students thrive with the personal growth and skills necessary for the making of successful scholars throughout life.
Success comes through collaborative efforts of teachers, students, staff, and parents, all of whom are devoted to establishing, achieving, and celebrating goals for each student at Doral Academy.
Doral Academy Guiding Principles
- Academic excellence
- Appreciation of the arts
- Creative Expression
Why Doral Academy Red Rock?
- The academy produces high performing students, ranking in the top 20% of the 622 Nevada schools based on overall test scores.
- On Math proficiency, Doral Academy Red Rock ranks in the top 30% with a 51% proficiency, high above the Nevada state’s 40% average.
- The academy has a 67% reading/language proficiency, way above the Nevada state’s 48% average, ranking in the top 20%.
- The teacher to student ratio is currently at 23:1, close to the Nevada state’s 21:1 level. The teachers are well trained.
- Doral Academy Red Rock has a minority enrolment rate of 44%, giving it a minority score of 0.63, which is in the top 30%. The school has racial and economic diversity.
- The male to female ratio in the academy if well distributed, standing at 52% male and 48% female. The student placement, however, is on a lottery basis.
- The academy has top-quality academic programs and facilities, ensuring that students attain academic excellence.
- The academy incorporates sports, art, music, and other extracurricular activities into the learning experience.
- Doral Academy does not charge tuition fees. It offers free education to all students that are eligible to join public schools. The state funds the academy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a dress code for Doral Academy Red Rock?
A: Yes, there is a standard student attire detailed in the student and parent handbook. The uniforms are available from the Campus Club Uniforms, whom you can contact through 702-360-0555.
Q: What does it mean when they say Doral Academy is a charter school?
A: It means that the academy is a tuition-free school public school with the freedom to be innovative, while still being accountable for the improvement of the students’ achievements.
Q: Arts integration, what is it?
A: Teachers at Doral Academy incorporate arts into their teaching instructions to help the students understand content standards and master it. In this teaching approach, students construct and demonstrate their understanding through an art form. They also complete some arts integration projects.
Q: Is school lunch provided for free?
A: No, lunch is not free.
Snacks are available for purchase at the student store.
Middle school students purchase their food through WT Café, done in advance. The high school students buy their food from the cafeteria on a cash payment basis.
Q: What sports can one take up at Doral Academy?
A: Sports are by feasibility and interest. One can choose from volleyball, cross country, basketball, bowling, and flag football.
Stonebridge is a Summerlin Village close to Red Rock Canyon covering 502-Acres. There are 7 neighborhoods offering single-story and two-story homes. In Stonebridge, you’ll find properties from 1,600 square feet to over 4000 square feet.
Community features include:
- 12-acre Village Park
- Doral Academy
- Red Rock Charter School (K-11)
Summerlin is a large master-planned community covering the western rim of the Las Vegas Valley. With over 100,000 residents, Summerlin acts like a small town.
- Expansive Parks
- Community Centers
- Tennis Courts
- 150 miles of interconnected bike and walking trails
- Golf Courses
- Public, Private, and Charter Schools
- Downtown Summerlin Area with food, entertainment, and shopping
- Office Towers
- Home of the Vegas Golden Knights practice facility
- Las Vegas Ballpark featuring the Las Vegas Aviators